Court File No. 68-FA-13-90 Honorable Donna K. Dixon
In Re the Custody of
Trinity Natasha Jacobson
Renae Joelene Petitioner,
Nicole Sonia Jacobson and
Benjamin John Kegg,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO: Benjamin John Kegg, last known address, 16725 Ataage Drive, Onamia, MN 56359.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Petitioner has filed a lawsuit asking the court to decide custody and parenting time of the minor child listed above in the caption. You must serve upon Petitioner and file with the court a written Answer to the Petition. The Plaintiffs Petition against you is on file in the office of the court administrator of the above-named court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this summons located at:
Law Office of Steven E. Huglen,
P.O. Box 290,
Roseau, MN 56751.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Petition. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Petition. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Petition, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE PETITION TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the petition. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the petition, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the petition.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Petition even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
Dated : August 30, 2013
Steven E. Huglen (#0344019) PO BOX 290 Roseau, Minnesota 56751 (218) 463-2050
Published in the
Mille Lacs County Times
September 5, 12, 19, 2013

Comments Closed